Visa and work permit for founders from a third country
(This list is not exhaustive)
Steps to be taken
The authorities usually scrutinise the planned self-employed activity very thoroughly.
- They check if the business idea is is in accordance with the German Residence Act’s legal requirements and
- request a detailed business concept as well as
- a financial plan.
- The IHK is also consulted on this.
- After the visa is granted you may enter the country,
- apply for the residence permit according to § 21 Residence Act
- and set up your business enterprise/ company, if not yet done from abroad.