• Visa and work permit for founders from a third country

    ✔ Free initial consultation
    ✔ All-around support – at a fixed price
    ✔ More than 20,000 checked up cases in corporate law

Telefonische Erstberatung

Visa and work permit for founders from a third country

You are an entrepreneur from a non-EU- or EEA-country (European Economic Area, i.e.  the  EU plus Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland), a so called “ third country” and would like to set up a business In Germany? 

In this case you need the right kind of visa. Even a so called business visa will not be sufficient, as it only allows for repeated stays of up to 90 days per half year.

What you need instead is an entry visa and a residence permit. If you come form a so called priviledged country (Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, USA) you can come to Germany without a visa, but you have to apply for a residence permit that allows self-employment here.


Andre Krauslawyer and founder of the  KRAUS GHENDLER RUVINSKIJ law firm, is your contact in matters of company formationtrade mark lawreputation protection and corporate law.